December 26, 2010
Life has been pretty hectic, and I have quite a few bookings in the future, but let’s talk about presents! This Christmas I got some pretty great vegan/burlesque presents. Check it out!
1. Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with Step-by-Step Techniques I actually got 2 copies of this book due to a snaffu with gift lists. This book is great and will hopefully come in very handy with pin-up shoots!
2. Moo Shoes Gift Certificate New shoes new shoes! All vegan shoe store that also does a lot of the vegan community and charities.
3. Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse by Victor Gishler I am a huge fan of sci-fi/dystopian/post apocalyptic novels, so if this one really had go-go in it, I will be quite excited!
5. The 30 minute Vegan’s Taste of the East I loves me some asian cuisine, so hopefully this will include something I can make when I plan those vegan burlesque performer potlucks!
6. Vegetarian New York City There is a special vegan section in this book, which will be helpful for when I have gigs in areas I don’t know as well.
7. Travel Hula Hoop Good for taking to gigs for festivals, because let me tell you, taking a hula hoop on the subway sucks pretty badly.
8. Rhinestones – nuff said
9. Vegan Treats gift certificate oh my! Since my parents live near the bakery in PA, next time they visit I am getting so many doughnuts (since they are hard to get in NY). Boston Cremes……..nom nom nom.
10. Wave clips – these are great for on-the-go 1902’s pin curls. Also, see #1 for the connection.
11. Endangered Species Dark Chocolate very good company that is ethical awesome.
12. Newman’s Own Organics Chocolate Bar 54% Orange Dark I was really excited about this because although I love chocolate, as a vegan most of the kind I eat are 70-80% dark chocolate. Man, ONLY 54% and orange! This is going to be some good snacking while decorating with my new rhinestones!